Create furniture or a product in miniature
Planning how furniture and products should look and work is a fun, exciting job. During this spring’s third family weekend, you have a chance to design and create your very own furniture or product. You get to explore and learn about area, sustainability, and the importance of economy in production. You can then use your creation to furnish your miniature home, which you build yourself using the PAPPIS box. Already have some ideas?
Furnish your way is the third part of an activity series for the whole family. With an independent theme every time, the series is based on IKEA Museum’s Our Roots exhibition, which tells the story of how IKEA emerged from the soil of Småland. During the family weekends, we highlight different themes that are dear to IKEA still today, and reflect how we want to improve life in the home through problem solving, creativity and good fun!
The weekend’s programme in VERKSTAN
- Create your own furniture or a product in miniature
- Furnish a miniature home which you build using the PAPPIS box
- Learn about area, sustainability and sustainable materials
- Learn about the importance of economy when manufacturing furniture and products
- Display your creation at the museum, or take it home
VERKSTAN will be staffed by museum personnel. Under-13s must be accompanied by an adult.