Create and furnish your own miniature home
Small space living does have its challenges. By thinking smartly and creatively, you can fit in all the everyday functions you need in a home. And now you can do just that. During our family weekend on 26–27 March, you are encouraged to use all your creativity to create a home that fits into a PAPPIS box. Ready to take on the challenge?
Small space living is the second part of an activity series for the whole family. With an independent theme every time, the series is based on IKEA Museum’s Our Roots exhibition, which tells the story of how IKEA emerged from the soil of Småland. During the family weekends, we highlight different themes that are dear to IKEA still today, and reflect how we want to improve life in the home through problem solving, creativity and good fun!
The weekend’s programme in VERKSTAN
- Create a miniature home based on your ideas and dreams
- Build the home in a PAPPIS box by drawing, cutting and glueing
- Learn about scale and volume
- Understand needs and functions in a home
- Display your creation at the museum, or take it home
VERKSTAN will be staffed by museum personnel. Under-13s must be accompanied by an adult.